The holidays are an exciting time to make memories with your family. However, when visiting with loved ones you haven’t seen in a while, you may discover some things seem “off.” You may notice behavioral or physical changes that didn’t exist before, and your gut may be telling you something isn’t right.
The following are signs that it may be time for your loved ones to find a safer, more accommodating place to live:
- Nutrition: Picking at meals, bare cabinets and fridge, or expired food in the home
- Wellness: Change in physical appearance, including poor hygiene, weight loss or decreased energy
- Environment: Abnormally cluttered and untidy house
- Financial: Unopened mail and past-due bills
- Health: Problems with medications – forgetting to take them, stockpiling, mixing up
- Memory: Frequent memory lapse, confusion or forgetfulness
- Social: Lack of interest in activities and hobbies that were formerly enjoyable
- Safety: Frequent falls, loss of balance, or unsafe driving
If the points above raise questions or concerns, they may be your signal for action.
Senior living is an excellent option that can provide solutions for all the concerns above. Don’t wait until a crisis drives your decision. Having the conversation now and planning for the future provides the best option and can keep everyone healthy and happy.
Connecting with your local senior care provider in Charlotte, North Carolina, is a great place to start in determining the best choice for you and your family. At Charter Senior Living of Charlotte, our team of experts will answer any questions you have about moving to a senior living community. Start the new year on the right foot and reach out to schedule a personal appointment today.